I never use to like making lists, or plans for that matter.
However as I have gotten older I now understand the value of lists, and of plans.
My plans use to be very blahzey (is that even how you spell it? I have no idea, I’m just guessing…. anyway), not set in stone, just going with the flow really. But then I would be disappointed because I felt like I hadn’t achieved anything.
Well how things have changed.
I love lists for the following reasons:
- They keep me organised.
- They help my forgetful ‘mum’ brain (if you need more than 3 things, you need to write it down).
- They keep me accountable
So what are my plans for 2013?
Well I have mentioned previously some of my running goals. Now that 2013 has officially started, I can really plan out my racing calendar.
I plan to be a little bit more smarter with the way I’m going to train and when my races are going to fall.
My 1st run for the year is Tough Mudder which is on 19th Jan, so 11 days away. However this is more of an obstacle course and not just a run (even though it is 20km long).
The runs that I have already paid for are as follows:
- Run for the kids – 15km 24th March 2013
- Run the Gap – 11.5km 26th May 2013
- Run Melbourne – 21.1km 21st July 2013
I’m super excited.
Other runs I’m also considering are:
- Geelong Half Marathon on 7th April. I’m just waiting for pay day so I can pay my entry fee. If i don’t decide to do this one there is another one in September.
- The Warrnambool Half Marathon 25th August
- Melbourne (half) marathon 13th October
- Portland (half) marathon 3rd November
Ok so they are the half marathons. What about other runs? Well they are:
- Run the rock (hanging rock) 17.5km, 10km, 5km, 2km 20th April
- Mothers day classic (4 or 8km) 12th May
There are more runs, but they are (so far) the only ones that interest me. When I find more that interest me I will add them to the list. and since I now have a subscription to Runners World mag I will find loads I’m sure.