Serves 4 (you can half the ingredients to serve 2)
2 large tins chickpeas
3 tomatoes (you can use a punnet of cherry tomatoes as an alternative
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 small red capsicum cut into strips (you can use green or yellow if you don’t have red).
4 spring onions, cut into thin strips
1 cup chopped parsley
2-3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
2 tbls tahini
2 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* Drain the chickpeas and rinse well.
* Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds (if using cherry tomatoes just cut them in half)
* Dice the flesh of the tomatoes
* mix the red onion, tomato, capsicum and spring onion in a bowl
* Add the parsley chickpeas and mint
To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a screw top jar with 2 tbls water, season well and shake vigorously to make a creamy liquid. Pour over the salad and toss.
A really refreshing summer (or any other time of the year) salad.